Linkages between the Project and other Key Public Issues
- Food Systems-consumers engaging with their food system….at the source!
- Conservation and Natural Resource Activity-exploring the interface between Western agriculture, wildlife and natural beauty
- Economic and Community Development-leveraging the value travelers place on unique experiences.
The Unique Aspect of Western Places
- The West is Unique because of the Unique Aesthetics, Cowboy Heritage and West Coast Food Culture
- High Share of National Parks, Forests and UNESCO Heritage Sites
- Key Areas of Innovation and Entrepreneurs
These linkages have led us to develop partnerships and compile resource lists that may be valuable to those considering agritourism in their business or community, including:Farm Stay Business Guide Colorado Agritourism Association Colorado Department of Agriculture Department of agricultural and natural resource economics Colorado State University UC Small Farm Program California Agricultural Tourism Directory UC Davis Agricultural and resource Economics University of Northern Colorado Recreation, Tourism and Hospitality Department USDA Economic Resources Services
AFRI # 2014-68006-21842